Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial day weekend

Kevin, Joy, and I ventured over to Spokane for the holiday weekend to "get 'er done!" The traffic wasn't the best, but it was so worth it. Let me tell you, we did work.


  • Figured out what the groomsmen will be wearing. This was honestly the hardest thing we have done so far. Kevin was our mannequin and he hates trying on clothes. Thanks for being a good sport honey! 
    • Normally at weddings the groomsmen are fairly easy to dress because they just wear tuxes. However, since we are having an outdoor rustic wedding, tuxes are way too formal. Not to mention the boys would probably pass out from the hot August heat, and we don't want that. Here is a little preview of what Kevin's guys will be wearing...

He's so darn cute!


Paired with what my ladies will be wearing, it will look great!


Product Image Merona® Women's Strapless Dress - Teal 2





The pic above is from the website. 
They won't be wearing pumps because: 
1.) too formal and 
2.) The heels will probably get stuck in the ground haha ;) No bueno!


Here's a pic of the shoes the girls will wear with the dress:

Product Image Women's Merona® Emeline Braided Flat Sandals - Pewter






Kevin will be wearing pretty much the same thing as the groomsmen, but with a vest over it...







  • Next my mom and Kathy (Kevin's mom) got to work on the potted plants that will be leading the way to the ceremony and down the aisle. Joy and I watered and sprinkled them with miracle grow so they will be big and beautiful for the wedding :)






Yay, team work!

  • On the last night, my good friend and bridesmaid Kristin came over to help me and Joy finish the invitations. We had a great little train going and it surprisingly went pretty fast. They are being sent out today, so keep an eye out for your invite ;)



I wanted to give everyone a small peak to where the ceremony will be. I've always wanted to get married on my parent's property and I'm so excited that my dream is becoming a reality :)



Below is a bad picture of where the reception will be.
There will be tents, dance floor, music, yummy food & drinks, and great people!


A special thank you to Kevin's parents, my parents, Joy, and Kristin for all of your help this weekend! We are so blessed to have all of you in our lives and that you are so happy and willing to help us with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment