Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ceremony

None of these pictures are from our professional photographer. We won't get those for a few weeks, so in the mean time these ones are all from our family and friends :) (Thanks guys!)

For those of you who didn't know, we had the ceremony on my parents property in their pasture. It was so beautiful!

We had the longest aisle/walkway I have ever seen! The flower lined pathway led you through a heart shaped arch to where to ceremony was to be held.


The parents were seated to the song "Celtic New Year" by Van Morrison. 




Once they were seated and finished hugging one another, the bridal party walked down the aisle to "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train. We had a pretty large bridal party so I haven't been able to track down pictures of all of our peeps, but here is a  few :)





As long as I can remember, I've always wanted to walk down the aisle to "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison. My papa has sung it to me my whole life, telling me I was his brown eyed girl. Needless to say, the song has always been very special to me. Many people tried to talk me out of walking down to that version. They said that I should have someone play it on the guitar or something to make it softer, but it in all honesty it wouldn't have been the same. No one does it better than Van Morrison and I am so thankful that I stuck to my guns on this one, because it turned out to be better than I have ever imagined.




Pastor Branden Campbell from Portland Oregon was our wedding officiant and did an incredible job! Like we said before, we wanted to keep the ceremony short, sweet, slightly humorous (Kevin and I both love to laugh - especially together), and most importantly Christ centered. I can't even begin to describe how touching his words were. 







Kevin and I decided that the first thing we wanted to do together as a married couple was take communion. We took a moment during the ceremony to break bread and pray with one another. During this short and intimate moment "I Will Follow You into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie gently played in the background.




After that, Kevin kissed his bride and we were pronounced man and wife! Popcorn was given to all our guest so they could throw it in the air as we came back down the aisle. As we walked back as a newly married couple "Obladi Oblada" by the Beatles played loudly for everyone to cheer, celebrate, and sing along with!


I will post about the reception tomorrow. Since we are on our honeymoon, I should probably get back to my honey ;)

Truly blessed,
Mrs. Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment