Friday, February 3, 2012

Goodwill Outlet

Have you ever been to Goodwill Outlet? I LOVE this place! It's in the SODO area of Seattle and to be clear, it's not your normal neighborhood Goodwill Shop. It's this insane way of purchasing used clothes/shoes/bags/household items/furniture/etc. for unbelievable prices. It's a huge warehouse filled with bins that you basically have to dig through. Sometimes you hit the jackpot, and other times you walk away with little to nothing. For me, it's a treasure hunt :)

The Pro's:

  • You pay by the pound. Yeah, that's right I said it. By the POUND! Crazy? Heck yes!
  • If you are willing to spend time, you can find great brands and items. I got brands like GAP, J Crew, Banana Republic, American Eagle, etc., all for about .70 cents a piece. I even came across a few 7 for All Mankind jeans but they were too big.


The Con's:
  • It's a bit dingy/dusty on the inside, so if you have allergies they might act up after a bit.
  • Very eccentric (or strange) shoppers
  • You have to be patient

Warnings:

  • If you are a germaphobe - stear clear, this place is not for you. I repeat, this place is not for you!
  • If hate sorting through racks of clothes at Ross, you most likely won't like digging for clothes in large unorganized bins either. 
  • Obviously, there are no dressing rooms so you just have to guess how it will fit.
  • It's a feeding frenzy when the new bins roll in. 

Tips:

  • Go on a full stomach. Nothing is worse then having to cut your thrifting day short because of an unsatisfied tummy.
  • You're hands get pretty dusty and dirty throughout the journey, so consider wearing gloves. 
  • If you have allergies, consider wearing a mouth/nose mask.
  • The large white canvas rolling bins are customers carts, so don't go sifting through them or you might have an unpleasant conversation with a fellow shopper.

Basically, if you aren't afraid to get your hands a little dirty, maybe sneeze a bit from the dust, and not be in the nicest area of Seattle, then I would recommend checking it out :)

Here are some of the "treasures" that I found this week all for a whopping $7.53 ;)


Small basket or bin to put magazines in



Beautiful red colored serving dish. I was thinking I could use it to display candles or something as well.





 Okay, so maybe this is a sign that I spend a little too much time on Pinterest.com, but I am in love with wreaths right now. Not just for the Holiday season, but for all year round!



 I found this little guy, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. All I knew was that I liked it. You can't tell from the picture but twinkles as it catches the light. I thought it would be a fun Christmas decoration, or even look neat on a book shelf. Kevin had the idea of cutting the wires in the bottom and having it be a tree topper. Smart man ;)

I also found a cozy sweatshirt and fun shirt dress. No pics of that though.


If anyone wants to check this place out, I would be happy to accompany them :)

Love,
Mrs. Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment