Saturday, February 4, 2012

Art Dump N Stuff

Hey everyone,

figured I should do an update since Whitney has been doing most of the leg work on here lately. It's been busy recently so got a few things to mention. I am now contracting in Kirkland for Microsoft making Halo 4! Its a really fun project and I am learning a ton from all the really experiences effects artists there. The only thing that's a  bit rough is the 3+ hours I have to spend commuting back and forth each day. Soon we will hopefully be living in our new home and we will get to spend much more time together during the week. Progress on the house is coming along really well. Still have a lot of paper work to get through but there are worse things in the world.

on the topic of the new house, Whitney is being super awesome and agreed to kinda let me convert the guest room closet into a work space. eventually we will probably be taking down most of the shelving and I'll probably be installing so lights and quark board to hang artwork on. this will also give us a little more room for the guest bed and allow us to hide it all pretty easy with a separator or something. I'll make sure to put up some pictures of the modifications :).

New Gadget!
So on the topic of home improvement me and whit where discussing how to get internet down to our tv if we have our cable box upstairs next to my computer. Of coarse my first inclination is to drill holes in everything and string a wire through it because wireless just doesn't really cut it when your playing a competitive video game. whit is very against the idea of stringing a wire through the house because its un safe and its ugly which I  challenged at first but as usuall Whit has some very valid points. However a few days later I came upon this little "Magic Box".
Link to the Article
basically what it does is it runs your internet through your houses electrical network providing you with a wired connection wherever you have one of these bad boys plugged in. It's not as fast as a normal wired connection but it is faster and more reliable than a wireless network. It runs for about 80$ and is a great compromise for the both of us and will still allow us to watch HD content on Netflix through my Xbox down in the living room.

Apart from house stuff I have just been working and and dreaming up more personal projects. Of those I have been paying the most attention to Improving my painting skills, writing and drawing for a story I've been working on for the past 4 years, and also doing concept art for a cell phone game I am just in the starting phases of with one of my grooms man Josh May. Here are some pictures





this one was particularly fun because I was designing a military uniform and figuring out new and interesting ways of showing rank and personal achievements and what not.

these are the first round of concepts for the cell phone game we call Infinite Corridor. Just some quick characters and a whole mess of objects that we are going to decorate the levels with.

Cant wait to move! Be praying for us that this whole process goes smoothly.

Mr. Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment